Blockchain technology has the power to make radical changes to public and individual life and, above all, the business world. Harnessing this power involves much more than using this innovative technology as a tool, it requires a fundamental change in the way we think about and define work processes.
The Blockchain Turkey Platform (BCTR) was established on the initiative of the Turkish Informatics Foundation (TBV) and is an independent, non-profit organization.
Accordingly, the Blockchain Turkey Platform’s vision, mission and principles are as follows:
Securing Turkey’s regional leadership in a decentralized system.
Establish a sharing platform for building a sustainable blockchain ecosystem in Turkey aimed at removing all obstacles to new modes of business that this technology will give rise to in the period ahead.
- Pursue this mission without profit or commercial motive;
- Act in accordance with the interests of the Republic of Turkey;
- Never diverge from its vision of transforming Turkey into a knowledge-driven society;
- Expand both awareness and use of blockchain technology in Turkey, research its benefits, and determine the strategic priorities by:
- Organizing training programs (seminars, certificate programs, academic publications)
- Hosting events (workshops, conferences, panel discussions)
- Preparing publications (books, reports, magazines and supplements, bulletins)
- Producing content (news, essays, guest speakers and writers, interviews, social media content)
- Taking part in collaborative efforts (local and international; public institutions; universities; think-tanks; science, industry and technology academies; blockchain platforms and consortiums established in other countries and by other associations).
- Support the formation of blockchain consortiums;
- Establish a bridge between lawmakers, public institutions and bodies, and regulators on the one side and private sector institutions and the academy on the other; invite them to special events; organize consultation meetings with them, provide feedback on and contribute to efforts to develop related legislation;
- Support the design of prototypes, proof of concept (PoC) efforts, the preparation of green and white papers;
- Through its working groups, bring together related stakeholders to evaluate current topics and usage areas of blockchain technology.